Saturday, June 27, 2015

Texas Fine Art and Abstract artist Barbara Lemley



When there are no words, we tell our story with art.



#3 "Angle of Mercy"



#2 "Purgatory"



#1 "Demons"



This is a set of three. It is a personal story painted into words with pictures. Pain.
Anger, numbness and acceptance. 

As (bad) luck would have it, my beloved pets of almost 20 years all died within a 6 months span. What are the chances of that? As Im sure you can imagine, the pain was unbearable. 

I decided to medicate myself.....with painting.
I painted #1 right after their deaths. I was mad at myself for not saving them. They died of natural causes we all will face one day. Old age.
 There was no way I could save them from that but my head would'nt talk my heart out of that one. 
#1 is pure unadulterated anger.

I calmed down as the months rolled on and #2 was not as bad as hell but more of "okay maybe it wasnt my fault". Im not in hell anymore but more of a "void of all feelings" stage. Purgatory. I was numb. After all 20 years is a very long time. After all they were my furry little babies.
 #2 is absolute numbness.

Then a few years passed and I rolled in the stage of acceptance. The pain was still there as it is today. As it was on that gut wrenching day, but I could accept the absence of pattering paws following me around the house. 
#3 was acceptance. 

9 years later, Im still thinking about them. 



Commissions Welcome.

View my new art blog  here

View my old art blog  here

View more of my work  here



View my book.
Barbara Lemley Fine Art



Monthly Auctions here.

Paintings are protected by the copyright laws.
Do not copy or print art. Thank you.   

Artist: Barbara Lemley 

 cell 817-307-2520

Email: barbara.lemley@yahoo.com


Being able to offer a labor of love is very exciting for me. 

I hope it brings a smile to your face like it does mine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment